Re: How about sparcv7, sparcv8, and sparcv9 binary debian packages? [Was Re: improving ssh2 performance on SPARCv8/SPARCv9 systems]

Can any of the debian package building gurus out there tell me the
right command to build glibc?  Yup, I'm trying to build a v8 version.
Also, although I think I modified the right file to make it build a v8
version, confirmation on which file to edit and where wouldn't hurt
either.  Also, is there a quick and easy way to get the build to use
both processors?  I've not been able to get a dpkg-buildpackage to do
that up to now.

I tried

# dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b

That eventually died with this message:

checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD!
configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and
/usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later.  This check uses <linux/version.h>, so
make sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel
header
files.  To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the
configure option --with-headers.

I don't know off hand what I did to my /usr/include directory, so I
will figure that out and try it again when I get a chance but until
then any advice is welcome.