Re: improving ssh2 performance on SPARCv8/SPARCv9 systems

* Karsten Heymann <karsten.heymann@gmx.de> [020408 04:54]:
> 1. Put your self-compiled package at hold. Got in dselect to that
> package and press 'H'. That will prevent apt from updating that package
> (it will say "1 package on hold" when you do an upgrade).

An easier way to do this would be to use "dpkg --set-selections"... I
brainfarted one day and Ben Collins showed me the light.  Just do a:

        echo packagename hold | dpkg --set-selections

as root, and it'll be in the "hold" state.