RE: improving ssh2 performance on SPARCv8/SPARCv9 systems

Going back to this thread;

After upgrading to Woody and making the necessary recompiles I noticed a
good speed increase - thanks.  How do I stop apt-get upgrade attempting
to re-install the old unoptimised version though?

I did the following:

apt-get update
apt-get source openssl

Which downloaded 0.9.6c-2 which is the current release.  I then rebuilt
it using 'dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b' and installed the
resulting packages.

If I try an 'apt-get upgrade' on the box it will download the openssl
sources and re-install them although it downloads exactly the same
version again without the optimisations.  At present I am doing the
following:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

Then re-install the old packages which I rebuilt with optimisations.

TIA,
Chris