Re: More on Netra X1

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 03:53:44PM +0200, Simone Caldana wrote:
> Ben Collins wrote:
> > > Could someone help me in understanding how to build different boot
> > > images?
> >
> > You could use the SuSe kernel to boot the root.tar.gz from Debian as an
> > NFS root. Once that install starts, go down to the "execute shell"
> > option.
>
> I can't mount root thru NFS, since I have no network :(

I've only been awake for an hour, and only one cup of coffee. I'm sure
it shows :)

> > Also, if someone can give me serial console access to one of these
> > beasts, I'll have a look into the net driver. I can't guarantee results,
> > but I can sure try :)
>
> if someone could explain me how to run an interactive terminal program
> from inetd I could set up a tunnel thru our firewall directly to the X1
> serial.

Well the best bet is to have one system running something like minicom,
with an account I can log into. Then you could forward a connection to
that system (if you do this, please make it an ssh login)i, and have it
connected to the X1 via serial cable.