Re: More on Netra X1

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 12:21:28PM +0200, Simone Caldana wrote:

> Could someone help me in understanding how to build different boot
> images?

You could use the SuSe kernel to boot the root.tar.gz from Debian as an
NFS root. Once that install starts, go down to the "execute shell"
option.

It's now bash, but it works :)

BTW, what SysV init version do you have on the SuSe images? I'm starting
to suspect something is up with either that, or a program is segfaulting
on startup. We're using the busybox tools, which means the busybox init.

Simon, I'm building new sparc images today, complete with new kernels
and newly built busybox. I'll email this list when they are done.

Also, if someone can give me serial console access to one of these
beasts, I'll have a look into the net driver. I can't guarantee results,
but I can sure try :)

Ben