Re: More on Netra X1

Ben Collins wrote:
> > Could someone help me in understanding how to build different boot
> > images?
>
> You could use the SuSe kernel to boot the root.tar.gz from Debian as an
> NFS root. Once that install starts, go down to the "execute shell"
> option.

I can't mount root thru NFS, since I have no network :(

> BTW, what SysV init version do you have on the SuSe images?
I don't know.

> I'm starting
> to suspect something is up with either that, or a program is segfaulting
> on startup. We're using the busybox tools, which means the busybox init.

I suppose that your image runs a living kernel, but without network nor
console. Linux is there, but no one could communicate with it :)

> Simon, I'm building new sparc images today, complete with new kernels
> and newly built busybox. I'll email this list when they are done.

Cool!
Thanks.

> Also, if someone can give me serial console access to one of these
> beasts, I'll have a look into the net driver. I can't guarantee results,
> but I can sure try :)

if someone could explain me how to run an interactive terminal program
from inetd I could set up a tunnel thru our firewall directly to the X1
serial.

--
.  Simone Caldana - System and Network Manager at Vitaminic spa  .
.  simone.caldana@vitaminic.net       http://simone.caldana.org  .