Re: dh_installcatalogs for XML and XML registered sgml-data available

Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> writes:

> I was under the impression that we do support stuff under /usr/share/xml to be
> symlinked under /usr/share/sgml and to be registered in the SGML catalog system
> for backward compatibility reasons and what other good reasons one can have but
> not the other way around.

Right.

> So, why is sgml-data 2.0 registering stuff under /usr/share/sgml in the XML
> catalog system (and even without it being symlinked under
> /usr/share/xml)?

Because I hadn't gotten around to it yet.  Working on that now.

> Also, the XML catalog schema is already in xml-core and registered in the XML
> catalog system by that package.  This should not be done by
> sgml-data 2.0.

Yah, sorry, I'll remove it.  I didn't realize it was in there.

> Maybe xml-core should also contain (and register???) the other versions of
> the XML catalog schema (and symlinking under /usr/share/sgml and registering
> in the SGML catalog system).

Yes -- if it's going to provide it, it should provide it completely.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@debian.org.....<URL:http://www.debian.org/>