Re: dh_installcatalogs for XML and XML registered sgml-data available

On Sunday, January 11, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo (aph@debian.org) wrote:

> I was under the impression that we do support stuff under
> /usr/share/xml to be symlinked under /usr/share/sgml [...]  for
> backward compatibility [...], but not the other way around.

I was under the same impression. Still am, in fact:) And no more
symlinks in /usr/lib/sgml, too.

> and to be registered in the SGML catalog system

Yep, where appropriate. (E.g. it's not possible to register
docbook-xsl in the SGML catalog system.)

> > It also contains sgml-data 2.0, which registers all provided XML
> > materials and also provides the XML catalog DTDs and such.
> >
> Also, the XML catalog schema is already in xml-core and registered
> in the XML catalog system by that package.  This should not be done
> by sgml-data 2.0.

I agree.

> Maybe xml-core should also contain (and register???) the other versions of
> the XML catalog schema (and symlinking under /usr/share/sgml and registering
> in the SGML catalog system).

I agree:

- xml-core should register the XML Catalog DTD in the SGML catalog system

- xml-core should probably provide & register the XML Catalog schema
  in the other forms (Relax NG & W3C XML Schema). And register the schema
  via the system identifiers:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.rng
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.xsd

My $0.02,