Re: dh_installcatalogs for XML and XML registered sgml-data available

Mark Johnson (mrj@debian.org) wrote:
> On Sunday, January 11, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > It also contains sgml-data 2.0, which registers all provided XML
> > materials ...
>
> Maybe we ought to think about splitting the XML stuff off into an
> xml-data package that provides the base infrastructure files.
>
> Also, should such a package create the following infrastructure
> directories under /usr/share/xml/?
>
>  declaration/
>  schema/
>  entities/
>  misc/
>
> I bring this last point up because it is left unresolved in the
> current XML policy draft[1].

IMHO this should be done by xml-core, since it already installs the XML
catalog schema.  So, another package (e.g. xml-data) doing this after
that fact seems a bit weird to me.  It should then also create these
directories under /usr/local/share/xml.

So, xml-core should provide the base infrastructure for XML (i.e. XML catalog
schema, XML catalog system utilities and directory structures).  And sgml-base
should provide the same for SGML.

Thanks,
Ardo
--