Re: Mozilla/Firefox "PostScript/default" security problems

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:19:03 -0400
Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> wrote:

> Excuse the cross posting, but many are "discussing" on all of these
> lists.
>
> On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 06:47, Magnus Therning wrote:
> > >
> > >	"If I were to dselect today, would I still
> > >	 be able to print to file a website page
> > >	 as ps?" [Y/N]
> >
> > Yes. Printing PS to a file is still possible.
> >
> > What is removed is the ability to have Mozilla/Firefox execute an
> > external command (e.g. lpr) in order to print.
>
> Hmmmm. Now since printing to a file is fine. (DING, light goes on.)

I'd double check that. My impression was that the PostScript generator had
the security issue in which case removing the ability to execute an external
command would be pointless. The previous poster may have been using Xprint
which would allow the user to print to file but not using the PostScript
generator. I don't know for certain but you might want to check.

Mike

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.