Re: Mozilla/Firefox "PostScript/default" security problems

Excuse the cross posting, but many are "discussing" on all of these
lists.

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 06:47, Magnus Therning wrote:

> >	"If I were to dselect today, would I still
> >	 be able to print to file a website page
> >	 as ps?" [Y/N]
>
> Yes. Printing PS to a file is still possible.
>
> What is removed is the ability to have Mozilla/Firefox execute an
> external command (e.g. lpr) in order to print.

Hmmmm. Now since printing to a file is fine. (DING, light goes on.)

What say we make a PIPE and attach it to something. Oh like say a print
queue process, a redirect or something similar. That would allow us to
use nearly anything we wanted to.

Seems possible it'd be a simple process, given you could know what you
are doing. Even for Epiphany or Galeon. Heck, we could even have <insert
favorite desktop environ here> do the work.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux