Re: Mozilla/Firefox "PostScript/default" security problems

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Michael B Allen wrote:
> My impression was that the PostScript generator had the security
> issue

Can someone please state, for the record, definitively and precisely
what this "security issue" is?

The fact that PS is a turing complete language isn't a security issue,
beyond the fact that you shouldn't blindly execute untrusted PS. (Just
like you shouldn't blindly execute make files, or C code, or perl
scripts...)

Perhaps I've missed something, but everything that I've read in the
threads so far amounts to people either assuming that there's an issue
and not defining it, or attempting to figure out where the issue is.

Don Armstrong

--
Personally, I think my choice in the mostest-superlative-computer wars
has to be the HP-48 series of calculators.  They'll run almost

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu