Re: Maintaing proxytunnel through the team

Hi Samuel, Julian and Marco

Regarding
>But I agree that the '.1.' is excessive (even though I have been
> guilty of it myself - I was just copying what someone else had done
> and presumed that it had a good reason...).

The '.1.' helps to keep the version numbers monotonically increasing if
there should be another version for the same date. For instance

1.2.3+git20200422.ef8a32b
1.2.3+git20200422.2193ffa

is not monotonically increasing, but one enforces it this way

1.2.3+git20200422.1.ef8a32b
1.2.3+git20200422.2.2193ffa

I agree you will really need this quite rarely. While the commit
fingerprint is a must as it serves to uniquely identify a commit.

@Samuel: If the teams prefers a different way to construct the version,
I am happy to adopt this.

Regards,
Sven