Re: Maintaing proxytunnel through the team

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 07:17:28PM +0200, Marcos Fouces wrote:
> > > If you add some more commits, you can add them as patches in
> > > d/patches
> > > and refer it in d/changelog.
> >
> > Or just release a new version?  Or do you mean cherry-picking later
> > commits?
> >

> Yes, you can cherry-pick all the commits you want and add them to
> d/patches. I am thinking about forks on Github that could also contains
> interestings commits.
>
> This kind of situation would be near to imposible to reflect this way.

Yes, indeed; I wasn't imagining trying to contain that information in
the version number.  I was thinking of keeping the short commit id in
the upstream version number to help identify the commit that is stored
in the .orig.tar; everything in the d/patches is applied to that
commit.

Best wishes,

   Julian