Re: Maintaing proxytunnel through the team

Hi Samuel,

please find my replies inline below.

Am Mittwoch, den 22.04.2020, 01:34 +0100 schrieb Samuel Henrique:
> Hello Sven,
>
> I believe the package is a fit for our team yes.
>
> The repository is created at
> https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-security-team/proxytunnel
> But before the push I'd like to ask you about the latest upstream
> release imported: 1.9.1+git20200123.1.eff4d41
>
> What's up with the "1.eff4d41" part? I didn't investigate but I
> assume
> the last one is part of the git commit hash, but I don't know about
> the ".1.".
> I feel like I'm missing something, generally I prefer to use only a
> date for tarballs coming from git snapshots, and I believe they are
> more clean, though I recognize it's not as precise as having the
> commit id.

It guarantees monotonically increasing version numbers. Please have a
look at my previous post for details.

> The package is also not building for me, and I believe it's a general
> issue, it's better if you take a look at that before we push it to
> the
> team's repo as you can freely mess with the git history for now.

The package is work in progress. Even the patches were not adopted yet
to the new upstream version.

If you prefer I can continue to work on it as a personal project first,
and come back to you when I have it ready to be reviewed.

> Thanks for your work,

Regards
Sven