Re: shiny-server in debian

Hi Nilesh,

This works well. So we did it, shiny-server now runs packaged for Debian.

The only manual intervention that is needed post apt install is to
create /srv/shiny-server/ and move the sample apps or one's own apps
there.

The built in sample apps run without issue, and one of my apps runs
without issue. The other has an error that seems to relate to the
version of r-cran-shiny in Debian as it is fixed by running
update.packages in R. It would be good if others can test too. Once
all the dependencies make it to unstable I will also test on a
Raspberry Pi.

Thanks all,
Eric

--
Eric Brown MD MSc FRCPC
For encryption, OpenPGP public key available on request.