Re: shiny-server in debian

Thank you Yadd! In my testing with the builds from Nilesh, the problem
with node-sockjs-client is fixed.

And thank you Nilesh for building for me and trying to address to
node_modules directory issue. The build of shiny-server you shared
doesn't work, shiny-server will not start. When I build my latest
version it does work (with the new node-sockjs-client). I am guessing
it is related to changes you may have made with your concerns about
the node_modules folder and symlinks in my version. It's too bad this
approach is not allowed as it would be easier to maintain given it is
how upstream structures their build. Even if it is a folder within the
/usr/lib/shiny-server and only contains symlinks it is not allowed?

This is the error your build gives on trying to start shiny-server:

/usr/lib/shiny-server/lib/main.js:179
  {maxAge:86400000}); // one day
          ^^^^^^^^

SyntaxError: Invalid destructuring assignment target
    at wrapSafe (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1001:16)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1049:27)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1114:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:950:32)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:790:12)
    at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain]
(internal/modules/run_main.js:75:12)
    at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47
/usr/lib/shiny-server/lib/main.js:179
  {maxAge:86400000}); // one day
          ^^^^^^^^

SyntaxError: Invalid destructuring assignment target
    at wrapSafe (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1001:16)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1049:27)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1114:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:950:32)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:790:12)
    at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain]
(internal/modules/run_main.js:75:12)
    at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47

Many thanks to all,
Eric

--
Eric Brown MD MSc FRCPC
For encryption, OpenPGP public key available on request.