Re: shiny-server in debian

Hello and apologies for late reply, I am really swamped with work and real life stuff
these days.

On Tue, Apr 05, 2022 at 09:05:39PM -0400, Eric Brown wrote:
> Hi Nilesh, Andreas et al.
>
> We spoke about this in the Debian med videoconference. In summary,
> Nilesh noted he will likely be able to downgrade node-sockjs-client to
> 1.5.2. Upgrading r-cran-shiny is currently blocked by r-cran-bslib
> which can't be updated until a font issue is sorted.

Thanks for your mail on debian-r@ atleast we can begin by packaging some fonts,
until the rest of the source-less fonts are made available somewhere.
Unfortunately it is panning out a lot slower than expected :(

> I think it would still be fair to proceed with the shiny-server
> package because the end user can easily update shiny in R by running
> update.packages(), if they are not already on the latest shiny.

Yes, but usually we would expect the debian package to work OOTB. Maybe we
could ship it for now and file a release-critical bug to keep it
out of testing until rest stuff is sorted out.

> I have made some of the changes in my previous email to the
> node-shiny-server git, could I be granted access to the  science team
> salsa, so I can push them for your review? My username is ericeb (I
> currently only have access to the R package team).

I have added you to the team, feel free to push whatever changes you'd like.

Regards,
Nilesh