Re: shiny-server in debian

Hi Nilesh,

Thanks and no worries. I have pushed the changes to the
node-shiny-server repo that correspond to the fixes in my previous
email. I am new to Debian packaging so please review when you have
time and please let me know if I have made an error.

> Yes, but usually we would expect the debian package to work OOTB. Maybe we
> could ship it for now and file a release-critical bug to keep it
> out of testing until rest stuff is sorted out.

I agreed with this proposal. I do think it would work out of the box
even with the current r-cran-shiny, but not all features and perhaps
some bugs. The provided sample apps run and one of my own apps runs.
I'm not sure what doesn't work with the current version so I agree
with your suggestion and hopefully r-cran-shiny can get updated soon.

Best,
Eric

--
Eric Brown MD MSc FRCPC
For encryption, OpenPGP public key available on request.