Re: About openmeca package

Hello Leopold,
Thank you for your answer !

I am agree with you... therefore I want to explain why I made this "bad choice".

I have a long experience with the Boost serialization lib and I experienced A LOT of troubles due to the non-backward compatibility of this library. The results is that users can't share freely their files between them. I was tired to manage this problem, so I decide to keep a frozen version
of boost serialization inside openmeca.
If the current version of the boost serialization fix this problem... No problem ! I will enjoy to keep this lib outside of openmeca. But it will be not possible to guarantee the backward compatibility between openmeca version that uses different version of the boost serialization lib.

Now let's talk about ChronoEngine. OpenMeca is a old project and I use one of the first free version of ChronoEngine (in 2013). At that time, the compilation was managed by MS-Visual-Studio project and it was a nightmare to compile it under GNU/Linux and I promise me to never do it again :), When I read your mail, I break my promise and I try again. Now, chronoengine use CMake and apparently, the compilation is quiet simple.... but I suspect that the full compilation (with all chronoengine features) will not be trivial.

To be honest, I spent a lot of time in trying to debianize openmeca.
I will try to do something with chronoengine but, depending on the complexity of this task,
I am not sure that I have the time to do that.

Best regards, Damien.