Re: Why is libosmocore maintained in Debian Science?

H Ruben,

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 08:37:25PM +0100, Ruben Undheim wrote:
> There is not really a well thought out reason for maintaining it in
> the Debian Science team.
>
> I arrived at these mobile packages via software-radio packages such as
> "osmo-trx", which I sort of consider science. Getting to libosmocore,
> we are getting higher in the OSI model, and suddenly it becomes more
> of production environment applications.
>
> I guess I was just thinking that most of my other packages have been
> science packages, I am in the Science team, and there are friendly
> sponsors interested in these packages also in the Science team. Also,
> where to draw the line between science and not science is not very
> clear.. A third reason is that I have been told that it is better to
> maintain packages in teams, and of those teams in which I am a member,
> Debian Science was the only one that vaguely could fit.

There is the established practice that packages that are dependencies of
scientific packages are packaged by the team as well.  That's perfectly
fine.  In this case I would simply exclude this package from my check
for not yet categorised software in Debian Science.  Would you please
be so kind and name all those dependencies that are not actually science
to enable me to exclude all of them?

However, I think that Thorsten had a great idea to create a separate
team for this kind of software.  What do you think and would you join
such a team?