Re: Request for Ideas - Astronomy working group

Hi Ole,

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:10:47PM +0100, Olе Streicher wrote:
> Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> > But as I said, some IRC meeting might do as well for a very first thing.
>
> For me, a Sprint in Potsdam in March (as Steffen proposed) would be fine.

+1

> As for IRC, I never used it yet :-)

I use IRC

   1. when beeing at DebConf (otherwise you will miss to much information)
   2. in team meetings we could agree upon via http://whenisgood.net/ or
      something like this

Otherwise I do not fire up xchat (or any other IRC client) since I feel
to much distracted otherwise.

> > While there might be a nice chance to demonstrate Debian Astronomy at
> > such events (I did similar things with Debian Med) we just need to
> > form something that is presentable.
>
> The natural place to present the blend to the community would probably
> be the ADASS, which is held in Calgary, Canada in October this year (if
> we can manage to create the blend and do some fundamental work until
> then).

I could provide input for talks from a large series at my talks page

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/