Re: Request for Ideas - Astronomy working group

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 06:56:31PM +0100, Florian Rothmaier wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I pretty much like Andreas' idea of starting an own blend. I think such
> a project could help the astronomy-related packagers to move closer
> together.
>
> Moreover, there is a good chance in such a project that people (like me)
> get a better idea of who is working on which package(s), who could be
> asked in case of a specific issue and which tasks are the most urgent ones
> to be worked on in order to help the entire community.
>
> Of course I would join the Debian Astronomy blend and I would also
> participate in a meeting, e.g. in Potsdam as suggested by Steffen. And I
> think we should have such a meeting soonish to coordinate a bit the next
> steps to go.

I don't know where Astronomers meet, but the German Physical society meets in
in Berlin in March:

http://berlin14.dpg-tagungen.de/index.html

And the Geoscientists meet in Vienna in April/May:

http://www.egu2014.eu/

Some ETs will be there, I don't know if that counts. We build "telescopes"
as well. If that does not fit, Steffen is very good in organizing sprints
;-)

Christian