Re: cctbx debian package

Le 19/07/2012 11:01, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel a écrit :
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:59:13 +0200
> Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
>> Have you checked out my commit? I changed a little bit your scripts and I think
>> this should already work. If you don't like my changes then tell me or fix it.
>
> just to understand what changes you have done to his scripts, it would
> have be nice to split your commit in two parts. First one remove the
> unneeded pycbf.py file, then update the scripts. It is easyer to review
> small modifications, if they are not lost in the middle of a 7000 lines
> commit :).

To be honnest, I would have better understood the patches if I had
actually applied them, not just read them ;-) Learning the tools is a
large part of the work as a new contributor: I just learned to use quilt.

>>> * use distutils to add a "from __future__ import division" line to the
>>> files that lack it.
>> Nice! Can you also think of a way to get a nice clean target. I guess the
>> build2.7 directories are not cleaned.
>
> yes normally a package should be buildable twice in a row.
> So the clean target must restore the source package to it's initial
> state.

Sure, but who must clean those dirs? setup.py, or dh?

>>> I'll tell you when this is done, so you can update your patch.
>>>
>> Or you can push your changes in right away into the git so you be
>> acknowledged ;).
>
> Yes I agreed with Radi, it is important to be acknowledged for your work.
> So please commit by yourself on the repository.

Another "toolset" task ;-) I created an alioth account
(bcarvello-guest), setup ssh and asked to be added to the project. So I
should be able to push shortly.

I'm not sure yet what the workflow is. Do I guess right, that you
(Frédéric) are using gbp-pq, and Radi is using plain quilt?

Cheers,
Baptiste