cctbx debian package

> OK, Nevermind that boost problem was my own stupidity. I was compiling against
> my systems boost lib and the version was actually too low. But it's building
> with 1.49 in sid so no problem here. So I'll push my results later.

pbuilder is your friend :)

> python2.6 and python2.7 both build.

how did you solve the boost_python name problem ?

> Why can't we use the systems scons? I was using it. In my understanding the
> compilation is only dependent of the python include or am I missing something?
> -I/usr/include/python2.6
> -I/usr/include/python2.7

Yes it would be better to build using the scons provided by Debian. At the end of the process, cctbx should be repackage and removing scons is on the list :)

> Right now, I got several python packages built with the same rather
> simple setup.py. The resulting modules don't run yet because I still
> need to solve small problems with the runtime dependencies.

Can you provide more information about this runtime problem ?

> Sounds promising!

yes :)))

See you

Fred

PS: do you know about sastbx http://sastbx.als.lbl.gov/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
It would be nice if your work on cctbx could be easily ported to sastbx.