Re: Integrating Machine Learning Software and Datasets withing debian

On 06/14/2010 12:02 PM, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 23:13 +0200, Christian Kastner wrote:
>> On 06/12/2010 08:31 PM, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
>>> MPIKmeans
>>> liblinear and/or libocas
>> I've filed an ITP for both liblinear (#575788) and libocas (#575789).
>>
>> The initial packaging is done, but the build process -- properly
>> building shared libraries -- still needs some heavy tweaking before
>> being presentable.
>
> is there some svn/git repository where you do the packaging?

While I ponder a move to debian-science, you can get them here (you want
the "wip" branch):

git://scm.kvr.at/git/pkg-liblinear.git
git://scm.kvr.at/git/pkg-libocas.git

Packages are here:
http://www.kvr.at/debian/pool/main/libl/liblinear/liblinear_1.51~dfsg-1.dsc
http://www.kvr.at/debian/pool/main/libo/libocas/libocas_0.93-1.dsc

Things working OK:
  - Correctly build shared libraries
  - Add SONAME to libraries
  - Link executables to the shared libraries
  - build lib, -dev, -bin packages

Open issues:
  - Clean up the current Makefile and debian/rules (very crude ATM)
  - Test the binaries
  - Test the shared libraries against third-party code
  - Test liblinear's BLAS dependency against the CUDA implementation
  - Write man pages (currently just placeholders)
  - Sanitize quilt patches (DEP3)
  - Octave interface(?)
  - Build static libraries(?)

Depending on available time, I hope to resolve these issues this week.
Help WRT testing the binaries/libraries would be greatly appreciated.

Christian