Re: Integrating Machine Learning Software and Datasets withing debian
On 06/14/2010 12:02 PM, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 23:13 +0200, Christian Kastner wrote:
>> On 06/12/2010 08:31 PM, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
>>> liblinear and/or libocas
>> I've filed an ITP for both liblinear (#575788) and libocas (#575789).
>> The initial packaging is done, but the build process -- properly
>> building shared libraries -- still needs some heavy tweaking before
>> being presentable.
> is there some svn/git repository where you do the packaging?
While I ponder a move to debian-science, you can get them here (you want
the "wip" branch):
Packages are here:
Things working OK:
- Correctly build shared libraries
- Add SONAME to libraries
- Link executables to the shared libraries
- build lib, -dev, -bin packages
- Clean up the current Makefile and debian/rules (very crude ATM)
- Test the binaries
- Test the shared libraries against third-party code
- Test liblinear's BLAS dependency against the CUDA implementation
- Write man pages (currently just placeholders)
- Sanitize quilt patches (DEP3)
- Octave interface(?)
- Build static libraries(?)
Depending on available time, I hope to resolve these issues this week.
Help WRT testing the binaries/libraries would be greatly appreciated.