Re: Integrating Machine Learning Software and Datasets withing debian

Hello,

I found some time today to finish the packages.

On 06/14/2010 05:36 PM, Christian Kastner wrote:
>> On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 23:13 +0200, Christian Kastner wrote:
> While I ponder a move to debian-science, you can get them here (you want
> the "wip" branch):
>
> git://scm.kvr.at/git/pkg-liblinear.git
> git://scm.kvr.at/git/pkg-libocas.git

I dropped the wip branch, there was too much noise to be useful. The
proper history is in the master branch now.

> Packages are here:
> http://www.kvr.at/debian/pool/main/libl/liblinear/liblinear_1.51~dfsg-1.dsc
> http://www.kvr.at/debian/pool/main/libo/libocas/libocas_0.93-1.dsc

> Open issues:
>   - Clean up the current Makefile and debian/rules (very crude ATM)

Done.

>   - Test the binaries

All tests were successful.

>   - Test the shared libraries against third-party code

Haven't done this, but seeing as the above binaries compiled and worked
fine using the libs, I see no reason why third party code shouldn't.

>   - Test liblinear's BLAS dependency against the CUDA implementation

Skipped for now.

>   - Write man pages (currently just placeholders)

Done.

>   - Sanitize quilt patches (DEP3)

There's only one patch per package, against the Makefile. I usually
prefer to split my changes into smaller logical units, but this turned
out to be too cumbersome, and there was no visible benefit.

>   - Octave interface(?)

Skipped for now. Help from an experienced octave packager would be
appreciated.

>   - Build static libraries(?)

Upstream doesn't build any, but I added appropriate targets in the
Makefiles.

So, reviewers and sponsors welcome!

Christian