Re: simple batch queue system?

Le Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 04:08:48PM +0200, Steffen Moeller a écrit :

> Upon your initial comment, I had updated torque from free to non-free and asked for a
> removal of the free version from the upstream queue. Since the second upload did not also
> upload the source, that second upload had to be removed as well. So I understood it. This
> free vs non-free hick-hack I was tired about. From how I now reread the license, it
> suffers from an advertisement clause, and this is in strict violation of DFSG 12g . Very
> obviously non-free. I should re-upload as non-free as time permits. Comments?

Hi Steffen,

although advertisement clauses are problematic because they cause overlooked
incompatibilities with copyleft licences and they are easy to infringe, they
are accepted in the main section of the Debian archive. This was recently
confirmed by Russ Albery in an unrelated discussion on debian-mentors@l.d.o:
http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/877hxf7xms.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu

I have missed the reason why the expiration of clauses 1 and 2 could have been
cancelled a posteriori. Without these clauses, Torque could go in Main.
Interestingly, Fedora considers OpenPBS as free, see:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles Plessy