Re: simple batch queue system?

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

>Another entry from France was presented in one of the UseR! 2009 sessions:
>http://www.agrocampus-ouest.fr/math/useR-2009/slides/Etienne+Corvazier+Legros.pdf

>Their code is at http://code.google.com/p/coalition/ --- it uses Python and
>Twisted (which we have) and two simple scripts and is not be tied to R per
>se.  Nice simple web frontend.

Not really suitable for Teemu's original question about cloud
computing, but nice for people who need to run a few (hundred) jobs
for testing in an SMP environment before deploying to a cluster is
task_spooler. It is ITP'ed as #466542; the package seems to work
nicely, although there seems to be some inertia in actually getting it
into Debian.

David