Re: {debian,pkg}-science repository [Was: Science linguistics and debian-science SVN repository at alioth]

Am Freitag, den 09.05.2008, 14:49 +0200 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> Well, follow the DoOcracy principle: The doer decides.  If I understood
> right David Bremner volunteered also to work actively on a repository
> with exactly the same preferences like you.  So I guess he is not really
> unhappy if you start working because he announced to have no time next week.

I'm probably offline until Monday but would volunteer to get the
repository installed and set up. I guess I can report back on Wednesday
next week latest, if that's considered a reasonable time frame.

> I would be perfectly happy if we would have a working git repository
> ready for injecting packages until end of next week.

This should be perfectly possible. If there's no hurry, I'll report back
mid of next week so we can discuss the following steps.

> You might also feel free to enhance the hierarchy which is given in
> the tasks files and is rendered at [3] if you think you have a better
> idea for a reasonable structure (feel free to ask for clarification if
> something remains unclear).

I'll have a closer look but at the first glace it looks sensible. I just
do not see a good reason what the reasoning behind the mathematics-dev
task is. Or why other tasks do not have a corresponding section. Could
you please give a short comment on that, please? Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Manuel