Re: Science linguistics and debian-science SVN repository at alioth

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> (2008-05-06 08:11:47) :

> as I said in my last posting about libblitz++ I would like to team
> maintain libblitz++.  I also wonder whether the WordNet package I
> now maintain on my own for about 10 years should be moved to a common
> repository and had the idea that science-linguistics would not be
> a reasonable topic for this.
>
> So I wonder if we should start a repository under
>     svn://svn.debian.org/debian-science
> featuring those packaging stuff that is related to scientific work
> and not yet maintained by some team like DebiChem, Debian Med, Debian GIS
> or whatever team might care for such stuff.  I would suggest a directory
> layout like it is given in
>
>    http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/
>
> (perhaps merging mathematics and mathematics-dev in the repository) and
> would like to add the directories/tasks
>
>    Common      - featuring libblitz++ (and probably others)
>    Linguistics - featuring WordNet (and probably others)
>
> What do you think about this?

I agree. Is it not the same idea as the pkg-science team started by
Sylvestre Ledru (package there what is not more suitable somewhere
else like in DebiChem, pkg-scicomp, Debian Med, etc.)?

  http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-science/
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2008/02/msg00049.html
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2008/02/msg00055.html

I mean should not it be done under pkg-science umbrella? (I do not
mind what will be the final location of the repository.)

Best regards,
Frédéric