Re: Science linguistics and debian-science SVN repository at alioth

    Andreas> Honestly, I don't mind about the name of the repro and
    Andreas> pkg-scicomp seems to have gathered much more stuff then
    Andreas> pkg-science.  So what about moving the three packages
    Andreas> from pkg-science to pkg-scicomp close pkg-science and
    Andreas> turn pkg-scicomp into a more structured repository
    Andreas> featuring a policy as a reference for newcommers (like me
    Andreas> who are obviosely confused)?

Speaking as the maintainer of all packages in pkg-science ( all 3 :-)
), I don't mind any sort of merging plan.  But I understood from
previous mails from C. Prudhomme that he (and others?) preferred to
keep pkg-scicomp a more focussed effort on scientific computation (in
the computer science usage of that term).  If that is an accurate
statement (Christophe?) then using pkg-science as the umbrella group
seems to be consistent with the original intent.  It is not completely
reasonable to compare the activity in pkg-scicomp and pkg-science
since the latter is much younger.

If there is to be any sort of reorganization, let me put in a plea for
git (hg or bzr are probably also lovely, but I already more or less
understand git) as VCS. svn-buildpackage is the suxors when not
connected to the internet, and these days my out-of-office internet
access is via GPRS (not even 3G).  But honestly, I can live with svn
if I have to.  Tool flamewars are for losers :-).