Re: {debian, pkg}-science repository [Was: Science linguistics and debian-science SVN repository at alioth]

Le Fri, May 09, 2008 at 01:43:59AM +0200, David Bremner a écrit :
> Also git naturally produces a one repo per package viewpoint
> (which is a bit awkward for people like pkg-perl, but not so
> conclusive for us, I think).

Hi all,

In Debian-Med we are trying to understand better Git in order to see if
it would make sense to switch from Subversion. So far, the ability to do
repository-wide changes was useful to us, as well as the possibility to
do partial checkouts if needed. If I understand well, it is not possible
to have both with Git. Is there a Git expert here that could tell us if
upstream is planning to implement that kind of feature ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org