Re: science-imageanalysis (Was: [RFC] New task: science-dataacquisition)

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Thibaut wrote:

I believe Yorick should be there too.
http://packages.debian.org/sid/yorick

Rationale: it's an interpreted language à la IDL/GDL, many people use this for analysing data, including images (e.g. astronomical).

From the description (apt-cache show yorick) I'm unable to see a very specific
connection to image analysis.

By the way, a "data analysis" task may make more sense than "image analysis". Depends on how fine grained you want these tasks to be.

IMHO yorick would be a nice target for a dataanalysis task - any opinions
about such a task and further tragets?

Anybody volunteering to edit the tasks files accordingly.  I promised to
kickstart Debian Science tasks files and I hope nobody thinks I failed in
this - but from a pedagogical point of view I should stop doing this simple
editing here and leave it to somebody who would focus his work more on Debian
Science than me (who is busy enough with Debian Med).