science-imageanalysis (Was: [RFC] New task: science-dataacquisition)

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, Chris Walker wrote:

Libcv1 - a computer vision library

This is for image analysis - and so should probably go alongside Gpiv
- in an image acquisition/analysis metapackage.

OK, one dependency for imageanalysis.  Any more?

Done.

# Particle image velocitometry (move these from data acquisition)
  gpiv,
  gpiv-tools

Add

# Scanning Probe Microscopy (SPM) data visualization and analysis.

 gwyddion

Done.

There is also a strong argument for

# Graph Digitization (extracting data from published graphs available as bitmaps)
engauge-digitizer
g3data

I do not really buy this argument.  The main point of these programs is to
acquire numeric data (even if it does this by analysing images).  I'm not
against mentioning packages in more than one task.  But you have to argue
stronger than "there is an argument".

Nb all of  these are based on package descriptions, not personal knowledge.

I hope we get more substantial input in this thread.  It worked quite fine
with the dataaquisition thread.

As always you can view the result of this proposal at

   http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/imageanalysis.html