Re: tasks overview wishlist: Canonical citing reference

Le Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 01:53:09PM +0200, Michael Banck a écrit :

> Personally, I think this (both a dh_* script and debconf) is
> overengineering.
>
> If we want to have files in /usr/share/doc/<package>, why can't we just
> use dh_installdocs for now?

Hi Michael,

Definitely, if we want to keep the task easy to backporters, we need to
use dh_installdocs in Squeeze. In parallel, we can write a dh_ script
and have it accepted in debhelper for Squeeze as well, and use it in our
packages starting from Squeeze+1.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy