Re: ruby-cmdparse [was:] help welcome

Am Mittwoch, den 11.11.2020, 14:00 +0100 schrieb Klaumi Klingsporn:
> Am / On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 03:16:14 +0100
> schrieb / wrote Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org>:
>
> > I'll have a look. But you can still create the merge
> > requests. It makes it easier to compare the changes.
> > Because you updated to a newer upstream versuon you must
> > create merge requests for all affacted branches inlcuding
> > upstream and pristine-tar.
>
> Sorry, but I'm obviously too stupid to do so.

Nope. You didn't fork the project first. Merge requests can only be created for
projects with a forking-relationship. Two options:

1) Create the forking relationship using the gitlab API:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/api/projects.html#fork-relationship

- install libgitlab-api-v4-perl
- create a personal access token on salsa.d.o if you did not yet so already
(personal page -> User settings -> Access tokens -> with scope: api)
- run `gitlab-api-v4 configure` and add the created token
- run `gitlab-api-v4 set_project_fork klaumi/ruby-cmdparse ruby-team/ruby-cmdparse`

or

2) Create a fork and just push your local repository to the fork

* Rename your project (via settings)
* Create a fork of ruby-team/ruby-cmdparse via the gitlab website
* this fork now has the same repository URL as your orogonal project
* in your local repository run gbp or  git and push all and tags

As soon as there is a fork you can choose the original repository as target for
your merge request.

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/

If you like my work consider sponsoring me via
https://www.patreon.com/join/dleidert