Re: ruby-cmdparse [was:] help welcome

Am / On Mon, 09 Nov 2020 23:28:01 +0100
schrieb / wrote Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org>:

> The ruby-tests.* file can be removed. Upstream doesn't
> provide any tests anymore. Not sure why. The commit
> message doesn't mention why the tests have been dropped.

"Ok, I removed the ruby-tests.rb again, the package compiles
and builds fine now, but when I let the meta-build script
run the tests, "Checking Rubygems dependency resolution on
ruby2.7" fails:

"/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gem2deb/test_runner.rb:101:in
`block in do_check_dependencies': E: dependency resolution
check requested but no working gemspec available for binary
package ruby-cmdparse (RuntimeError)
from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gem2deb/test_runner.rb:89:in
`each'
from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gem2deb/test_runner.rb:89:in
`do_check_dependencies'
from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gem2deb/test_runner.rb:79:in
`run_tests' from /usr/bin/gem2deb-test-runner:67:in
`<main>'
autopkgtest [15:24:39]: test gem2deb-test-runner:
-----------------------]
gem2deb-test-runner  FAIL non-zero exit status 1
autopkgtest [15:24:39]: test
gem2deb-test-runner:  - - - - - - - - - - results - - - - -
- - - - -
autopkgtest [15:24:39]: @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
summary gem2deb-test-runner  FAIL non-zero exit status 1

WARNING: Test suite failed! Please verify before uploading"

I guess I have to worry about this ;-)

> If you want to have someone take a look at your changes
> please feel free to push your branch and the updated
> upstream and pristine-tar branches to salsa.

As I work in a new created branch and the master-branch will
stay as is, I think it will do no harm to push, so you can
get a look.

'gbp push' refuses to work because I'm not in the
master-branch, so I would try

gbp push --debian-branch=debian-3.0.6

but whatever I would like to do or should do, even with
--dry-run gbp only tells me:
"You are not allowed to push code to this project."

Klaumi

-----
Klaumi Klingsporn
mail: klaumikli@gmx.de