Re: nokogumbo 2.0 and missing nokogiri.h - request for help

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 14:27, Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> wrote:
nokogumbo ships its own sources of the gumbo library which btw hasn't seen any activity since 2015. It contains significant changes to libgumbo-dev and is incompatible. Either we build against the internal source and statically link
the library to the extension or we package the updated gumbo library.

It seesm there is another active fork as suggested here

Anyway it seems the debian maintainer is also not active and last 4 uploads were nmus.

 However
we might have to bump the SONAME then because there are several packages
depending on libgumbo-dev:

$ reverse-depends -b libgumbo-dev
Reverse-Build-Depends
* claws-mail
* feedreader
* httpdirfs-fuse
* libhtml-gumbo-perl
* litehtml
* ruby-nokogumbo
* tdom
* zim-tools

It'd be easier for us to use the embedded copy as it is tested for compatibility. Though it means we have to take care of the fork, but it being maintained by nokogumbo upstream, may be that is fine. So I'm leaning towards this option now.