Re: ruby-cmdparse [was:] help welcome

Am Montag, den 09.11.2020, 17:29 +0100 schrieb Klaumi Klingsporn:
> Am / On Mon, 09 Nov 2020 00:28:53 +0100
> schrieb / wrote Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org>:
>
> > They use a different naming scheme for their source
> > tarballs. This one works:
> >
> > version=4
> > https://github.com/gettalong/cmdparse/releases
> > .*/REL_(\d+)_(\d+)_(\d+)@ARCHIVE_EXT@
>
> Thanks, that helped a lot, but I had to point it at
> https://github.com/gettalong/cmdparse/tags (because there
> are no new releases mentioned on the releases page).

All releases are there. Above the entry for 2.0.6 you'll find all newer tags as
well. But you can use the tags-URL as well if you want.

>  And
> I had to realize that there's no need for filenamemangle at
> all ;-)

There usually is not because the link uscan creates will lead to the correct
file. But in case of github it often is useful to not end up with a bunch of
files named vX.Y.Z.tar.gz. This might prove especially useful if one uses a
dedicated tarball directory. Say github projects x and y both released version
a.b.c they then both provide a source file with the same name.

> So I was able to import the new upstream version in my
> debian-3.0.6 branch and made my changes in the debian
> directory again. This time I left the ruby-test.rb file
> untouched although also this time there is no test suite in
> the source and no './test/tc_commandhash' which this file
> states to be required.

I just checked the upstream repository. The test was removed with release 3.0.0:
https://github.com/gettalong/cmdparse/commit/b0b0969bac81669e2e68a75d5477aebfc85bbd8d

> Nevertheless, after running the setup-script in the
> meta-repository to get a clean build environment (I had to
> install debci from unstable to make the script work), I
> tried to build the package and got (who may have expected
> that?) an build-error while running the tests for ruby2.7
> from debian/ruby-tests.rb:
>
> "/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:83:in
> `require': cannot load such file -- ./test/tc_commandhash
> (LoadError) from
> /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:83:in
> `require' from debian/ruby-tests.rb:1:in `<main>' ERROR:
> Test "ruby2.7" failed. Exiting."

Yes, there is no test file anymore.

> So, where can I get this tc_commandhash from? Or how do I
> change the ruby-test.rb to get the wished tests done? Do I
> want to know what tests this are exactly?

The ruby-tests.* file can be removed. Upstream doesn't provide any tests
anymore. Not sure why. The commit message doesn't mention why the tests have
been dropped. In this case we could have also gone with the gem. Sorry for
that. I didn't check if the github sources still contain the tests. In most
cases the tests are in the github source but not in the gem.

If you want to have someone take a look at your changes please feel free to
push your branch and the updated upstream and pristine-tar branches to salsa.

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/

If you like my work consider sponsoring me via
https://www.patreon.com/join/dleidert