Re: RFS: ruby-rotp

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 08:11:45PM +0530, Balasankar C wrote:
> Hi Cedric,

> Thanks for the detailed review. I have some doubts though.
> On ചൊവ്വ 16 ജൂണ്‍ 2015 12:06 വൈകു, Cédric Boutillier wrote:

> > A few comments: - you may want to remove the LOAD_PATH modification
> > in bin/rotp
> Done. This is done because, rotp will be already accessble via
> rubygems-integration. Right?

Not really rubygems-integration. The path where the lib is installed is
in the LOAD_PATH so the interpreter finds it automatically.

> > - you may also want to regenerate the doc with yard

> I couldn't find any documentation regarding how to do that. Are there
> any documentation or reference packages which use this?

Just call the `yardoc` command just before dh_installdocs in the
override_dh_installdocs target in debian/rules. If you do that, you will
overwrite files in doc. You may want to use another path to install the
new doc, like "yardoc -o yardoc", and copy the files from yardoc/ to
usr/share/doc/ruby-rotp instead of those from doc/.

> > - in the man page, the name rotp should be in bold in the NAME and
> > SYNOPSIS sections, and SECRET and COUNTER should be italic.

> I made it bold in SYNOPSIS. But, I haven't seen it bold in the NAME
> section of common programs. gem2deb, for example. Also, did the italics.

You're right that no bold is needed in the NAME
section.

> > - you need libjs-jquery as a dependency (to ensure that it will be
> > installed with the package, to be able to use the docs), and not as
> > a build-dependency.q
> Ah, my bad. I missed that somehow.
> > - you repackaged the source to remove a file. You should add a
> > comment to debian/copyright to mention which files are removed and
> > why. The method you use to remove the file is a gbp filter. Another
> > possibility (maybe even recommended) is the use of Files-Excluded:
> > paragraph in debian/copyright. See uscan(1). It has the advantage
> > of centralizing the removal (instructions/documentation) in one
> > place.

> It seems lintian gives me error on that (most probably because it is
> not added to copyright format 1.0). So, I added the repack detail as
> follows. Please see if that is enough

With a Files-Excluded: command, the debian/watch file needs a
uversionmangle option, which doesn't make lintian happy. I don't know if
that's what you're talking about.

> 		Format:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/
> 		Upstream-Name: rotp
> 		Source: https://github.com/mdp/rotp
> 		 The upstream source contained jquery.js file without source. It is
> repacked to
> 		 remove that file

Should be ok.