Re: RFS: ruby-rotp

On 16 June 2015 2:20:24 am IST, "Cédric Boutillier" <boutil@debian.org> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 08:12:03PM +0530, Balasankar C wrote:
Hi,
I've prepared the packaging of the gem 'rotp' which is a runtime
dependency in the dependency chain of GitLab. It is lintian-happy.
Since it requires RSpec 3, I have targeted it for experimental. It
builds fine in chroot (with RSpec 3 from experimental). Even though
the gem bundles an executable with it, I've named the package
ruby-rotp as the executable usage seemed trivial as per upstream readme.

I would probably prefer rotp-ruby for the binary name. It has the
advantage of being proposed when tab-completing the command line.
Since rspec3 arrived in unstable, you can now target unstable for your
package (but still indicate in the build-depend line that it needs
ruby-rspec (>= 3~).

Cedric,
Sorry, but I didn't get you. The binary file is still named "rotp" (bin/rotp) . So auto complete should work fine while executing the binary.

Or did you mean the binary package and auto completion while doing some apt operations? Like apt-get install rot<TAB> ?