Re: Release goal proposal: remove yada

  Hi Tim,

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 11:20:28 +0100
Tim Retout <diocles@debian.org> wrote:

> On 4 August 2011 13:23, Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org> wrote:
> > Indeed, that sounds accurate, but I don't personally want to accept this
> > as a release goal without maintainer agreement. Could you perhaps
> > consider opening a bug against the package, saying 'unfit for the
> > archive' or something, and then re-assigning to tech-ctte?
>
> Would you feel differently if yada were orphaned?  My understanding is
> that this could happen quite soon - so far I have been unable to
> elicit a response from the maintainer on bug #334164.

  I've already orphaned all his packages (was already on the MIA radar).

  I may be wrong but I think it would be somewhat easy to fix yada to be able
  to work with a existing control and rules files instead of regenerating
  them on each build. That would fix all those problems, but unfortunately I
  lack the time for yet another package, and upstream is missing, so...

> If this does not happen within the next week, and in the absence of
> any response from the maintainer, I'll consider the tech-ctte route.

  regards,
--
 Ricardo Mones
 http://people.debian.org/~mones