Re: Release goal proposal: remove yada

On 4 August 2011 12:52, Ricardo Mones <ricardo@mones.org> wrote:
>  According the bug response, the only change to build depends should be
> the yada version number (which would become 0.55), and rules should be the
> same. If that's not true then I would agree the problem is more serious.

Yep, that is not true, and I would like the release team to override
the maintainer's opinion of the severity.  Here's what happens if
aylet is rebuilt after just 'dch -i', for example:

$ diffstat aylet-debdiff
 changelog |    6 ++++++
 control   |    2 +-
 rules     |    6 +++---

The fact that the rules change is so small is because we're only
talking a few minor versions.  In principle the rules and control
files could be entirely different.

Yes, perhaps we could make dependencies on old versions of yada RC,
but the real problem here is yada.  This is completely different to
debhelper compat versions.

Kind regards,

--
Tim Retout <diocles@debian.org>