Re: apt transition - please bump urgency of libept

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 11:46:00AM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:

> > This kind of scenario made me think... would it make sense to publish in
> > a fixed location a machine-readable scenario of current ongoing
> > transitions,
> Yes, I've very often thought there is a real need for this, but I
> haven't sat down to think how to do it, and no magic idea has suddenly
> visited me either.

How hard would it be for the release team to maintain a file like this?

 Build-Depends: libapt-pkg-dev libept-dev
 Action: block
 Message: Transition to testing of 140 rdepends of apt: please contact
  debian-release@lists.debian.org before uploading.

 Build-Depends: libfoo-dev libbar-dev foobar
 Action: warn
 Message: A transition is being planned, you may want to contact xyz if
  you intend to upload again in the near future

If that isn't too much burden, I can patch dput to download the file,
check if one of the build-deps in the .dsc shows up on a record an take
the appropriate action.

Ciao,

Enrico