Re: Upload of GNOME 2.6 to unstable

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 02:17:57AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 12:20:52PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Also, I don't see why you would want to manually specify what stuff to
> > take from unstable instead of experimental? Isn't build-depends meant
> > for that?
>
> I don't think it'd work without lots of effort -- selecting packages
> from a suite needs to be done explicitly rather than by a build-depends
> afaics; happy to be proven wrong though.

I was thinking about versioned build-depends, which would work only if
experimental wouldn't shift too much between the time of upload and the
time of build.

On the other hand, I don't think it'd be a problem if a package migrated
to unstable between the time a depending-on package has been uploaded
and the time it has been built; after all, TTBOMK one is only interested
in knowing possible interactions with a certain specific version of a
package, not with "the version of a package that happens to be in
experimental currently, whatever that may be".

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks