Re: SableVM stalled in SID again?

On (27/04/04 22:33), Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hi Grzegorz,
>
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:36:58PM -0400, Grzegorz B. Prokopski wrote:
>
> > sorry for bothering you, but there's something wrong (again) w/ migration
> > of SableVM packages to testing. Last time 1.1.0-5 was "hinted", so I
> > though that the "hint" is permanent and it would work this time also.
>
> > But the packages seem to be stalled again and for a reason no better
> > than previously. It's 13 days since upload, no bugs or missing deps
> > seem to invalidate transition to testing. The only thing is, that this
> > group of packages should migrate to testing together:
>
> > libsablevm1-dev libsablevm-native1 libsablevm-classlib1-java sablevm
> > jikes-sablevm libsablevm1
>
> > Could you please take a look at what's going on?
>
> Yes, this is definitely going to require a hint; I just hadn't gotten to
> the point yet of figuring out what the hint needed to look like.
>
> I now have a hint in place for sablevm-classlib 1.1.3-1.

Sounds good, but according to
	http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html#sablevm
1.1.3-1 is still stalled in sid for no good reason.

> Hints are actually a one-shot deal, in part because too many of them
> would tax the system running the build scripts -- this is the reason
> they're necessary at all, in fact.

Oh!  It's ugly!  So what is the long term solution?  Will I have to mail
debian-release each time I want sablevm to be migrated to testing?!
(don't you guys have better things to do? ;-)

BTW: In the good old days of SableVM 1.0.x (8 months ago?) the packages
were migrating w/o troubles, so I don't understand why there's a problem
currently.  I've never had to mail debian-release or anybody before.

What has changed?

				GBP

PS: The only thing that comes to my mind is sablevm-nativelib source package
	ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/s/sablevm-nativelib/
lying around.  It's not used anymore and is not part of sid nor testing.
Hmm...  I guess I'll file a bug for ftpmaster to remove it.  Could that
be the culprit?

--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski <gadek@debian.org>
Debian GNU/Linux      http://www.debian.org