Re: Upload of GNOME 2.6 to unstable

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 10:39:15AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:11:07PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:04:16PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > This suggestion has been made before, but I'm not in favour of
> > > implementing it.
> >
> > That's fair. I'd only consider it appropriate if the experimental
> > buildding really is pretty different to unstable buildding -- the level
> > I'm thinking of is that an experimental build gets done by sending a
> > signed email to the buildd system telling it what you want built, and
> > what (if any) .debs you want it to select from experimental as part of
> > the build process.
>
> OIC. That actually sounds like a good idea, but it would need completely
> different software. There is no way that wanna-build and buildd, in
> their current state, can support this.

Hm.

Actually.

No, this may be not such a good idea after all. I don't think that a
maintainer who uploads something to the archives wouldn't want it to be
built if he had the choice, so most packages would be built anyway.
Giving people the option is silly, then.

Also, I don't see why you would want to manually specify what stuff to
take from unstable instead of experimental? Isn't build-depends meant
for that?

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks