Re: Upload of GNOME 2.6 to unstable

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 09:04:16PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Uh, I want to get some work done, too. Debootstrap on my m68k box takes
> a few *hours* :-)

Fair point.

> > Yeah; reducing this by offloading it to the package maintainer is a
> > particularly good idea for experimental buildds (eg, mailing the build
> > logs to the maintainer rather than the buildd operator; and having the
> > maintainer sign the .changes files of successful builds).
> This suggestion has been made before, but I'm not in favour of
> implementing it.

That's fair. I'd only consider it appropriate if the experimental
buildding really is pretty different to unstable buildding -- the level
I'm thinking of is that an experimental build gets done by sending a
signed email to the buildd system telling it what you want built, and
what (if any) .debs you want it to select from experimental as part of
the build process.

But anything that people feel able to implement is good as far as I'm
concerned.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.

Protect Open Source in Australia from over-reaching changes to IP law
http://www.petitiononline.com/auftaip/ & http://www.linux.org.au/fta/