Re: [PROPOSAL] 2.4.27 as default 2.4 kernel for sarge

Steve Langasek wrote:

We depend on the experts (the kernel team) for the information we need
in order to make good decisions -- or better, to help *you* make good
decisions.

Based on this thread and other discussions, I understand that the
current 2.4.26 packages are unsuitable for release because of security
bugs, and it looks like the new 2.4.27 packages are closer to being in a
releasable state than 2.4.26 is.  Compared with this, the NEW delays are
minor; I'm happy to stick out my neck to get the 2.4.27 packages
processed faster if I know the effort won't be wasted.

As a user, I'd prefer to wait a little longer so the experts can get it right; recent history suggest we'll live a long time with the results, so better a little more pain now if it means a better future.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait